1566 and Grand Housteau
Grand Oustau - which means Big House in Occitan.
The Grand Housteau is an old fortified house from the 16th century, which became the hunting lodge of the Duc d'Epernon, who, as Governor of Guyenne (present-day Aquitaine), built the Chateau de Cadillac.
Our vineyard is located on the right bank of the Garonne on the southwestern slope of Saint Germain de Graves, in the Cadillac area of Côtes de Bordeaux, between the famous castles :
Château de Benauge, Château Malrome de François Mauriac, Château du Duc d'Épernon, in the immediate vicinity of the Château de Toulouse-Lautrec and near the medieval town of Saint Macaire.
All this historical, cultural and wine-making heritage offers excellent opportunities for hiking and discovering the fine wines of this appellation.